Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas!

To be completely honest with everyone, I enjoy Christmas, but sometimes it MAKES ME COMPLETELY INSANE. The Christmas songs just drive me round the looney bin. If I hear Jingle Bell Rock ONE more time, I might just go mad.

I know I said doing an outfit post was useless because I'd be sweating away in hot and humid Malaysia. But when I saw the grapevine in all it's splendour in my grandma's garden, I immediately changed my mind and started putting an outfit together. But that's not to say I wasn't perspiring profusely during the shoot. >:(

I saw the shoes at Bershka, one of the stores I frequent alot nowadays. To be quite honest it looked terrible on the shelf and an idea struck me: how funny would it be to try on those hideous shoes? Oh the irony, I ended up falling in love once I put them on. I knew the gold and black would be perfect for Christmas. Red and green come in the form of flowers in this outfit, plus an old ribbon my grandma gave me that matches the green on my skirt to a T. When it comes to colour and pattern, less is more, so little dashes of colour and glitter against the black stand out more and give the outfit an edgy look.

I love the A-line cut and pleats of the skirt, they hide my terrible pear shaped figure so well. :D My relatives were all "what pear shaped figure?!" and I was like: there we go. Skirt works like magic. ;D

I didn't take any full body shots with the shoes because the grass was muddy and the shoes are suede. Mud and suede? Cringe.









black blouse with spike tips | floral skirt from Forever21 | drawstring bag from The Editor's Market | Russian red lipstick by M.A.C
black and gold heels from Bershka | Watch by Roberge, Geneve. Auriga Quartz | Bracelet by Mouawad


UNICORN LOVE, 
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment